Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Thursday, June 23, 2011

I've Been Absent, Not Gone

I haven't posted in a while because I really haven't had anything good to post.  I trained for the Firefly 10k for months and felt like I was going to die after mile 3.  The heat was overwhelming.  That experience in conjunction with my lack of weight loss had me discouraged for a while. 

I am getting back on track now.  I joined Weight Watchers (again) about 3 weeks ago and have since lost 9 lbs.  I have been running some, just not on a training plan.  I am focusing on my nutrition right now since I learned that exercise alone is not enough.  I will start my training program for the Las Vegas Rock and Roll Half Marathon at the end of July and my new goal is to be below 200 lbs. when we go to Vegas. 

1 comment: