Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Test Yourself 5k

We ran the Test Yourself 5k yesterday monring.  The weather was unseasonable cool for May and it was perfect for running.  However, I didn't get much sleep at work on Friday night and didn't feel like running at all.  I didn't know the course at all, which always bothers me.  I like to know what lies ahead. 

Once we got started I felt pretty good.  The first half of the course was great.  At the turn around we headed up hill, and it was uphill the rest of the way.  I pushed hard and ran a good race.  I finished in 29.35, which I am calling my new PR.  The race a few weeks ago was not an official course and my Garmin measure it short.  This course was exactly 3.1 and certainly challenging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment