Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My inspiration

My wife Kristi has been training for her first 1/2 marathon. I went to watch her run a 15k and was completely inspired by her performance and motivated by the race environment. I went out on the course and cheered for her in several places and was amazed at her strength. As I sat at the finish line waitng to see her, I watched runners of all shapes, sizes, and ages finish and I couldn't help but notice the sense of accomplishment that all of them had. I have run a few 5ks and was on a marathon relay team and I know exactly how that felt. I decided then that I wanted experience that feeling again.

No comments:

Post a Comment