Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Fighting Off Injury

I have developed a mild case of Achilles Tendinitis.  This is really nothing new.  It started years ago when I was running alot and never really got better.  It just gets aggravated when I run.  Kristi convinced me to see a chiropractor that does "soft tissue treatments".  One of her friends used him and said that he works miracles.  I was all for trying it because I have no intentions of slowing down.  He did a very thorough assessment and found several areas that were "injured" that I didn't even know about.  Plantar fascia, calf muscle, hip flexor, back...then the treatment began.  It was not your standard cracking and popping chiropractic adjustment.  Think deep tissue massage, with tools!!  I am pleased to report that it did provide some relief when completed, but not without a price.  The treatment is more painful than the injury.  Kristi took the picture below while he was working a knot out of my calf.

No comments:

Post a Comment