Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Seton's Soles 5k

I ran my first 5k in several years today.  I didn't sleep good last night and was nervous before the race.  I felt better once I warmed up and the my "competitive juices"flowing.  I had a great plan.  Run a comfortable first mile and then negative splits the rest of the way.  Just be patient and run my race.  Great plan...until the gun went off!  I went out way too fast.  After 1/2 mile I got it under control and ran a good race.  The hill in the third mile killed me.  I still finished strong, but it hurt bad.  When I running again I hoped to run my first 5k under 35 min.  After several training runs I was confident I could do that, and I was right.  I finished in 30:05.  I am very proud of my performance, but frustrated that I couldn't save 6 seconds somewhere along the way to finish under 30.  Oh well,  I'll make it next time. 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, My Jacob! I'm so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Jake!!! Glad you are enjoying running again!!! You will be even faster next time!!

    ReplyDelete