Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Week 2 Review

My second full week is complete and I am feeling good.  I stuck with my training plan and increased my weekly mileage by 3/4 of a mile.  I complete a training 5k for my long run.  It gave me confidence that I can run that distance and I am confident that I can finish my race next weekend under my goal of 35 min.  That is a very conservative goal, but you gotta start somewhere.   I also ran my first "tempo".  I happened by accident.  I had a 2 mile run scheduled for Saturday.  I had been up most of the night at work an really didn't feel like running.  when I started I really didn't feel good, but after 1/2 mile I got into a groove and complete the run with an average pace of 10:20.  I am getting stronger with every run.  I can't wait to run my 5k next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment