Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Marathon...Really?

Last night Kristi proposed the idea of running a marathon next spring.  She did her homework and wants to do Galveston.  Being an island on the Texas coast it is safe to say the course is very flat.  I told her she was crazy, but there is this little voice in the back of my mind that says "you can do do it".  Wow, 4 weeks ago I was scared of a 5k, now I am considering a marathon.  I am not committed to the idea by any means, but it is something I want to do someday.  That is the cool thing about running.  You prove to yourself daily that you can do anything you set your mind too. 

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, baby! It's ok... Registration doesn't go up until December. That's plenty of time for you to run a half and drink the marathon Kool-Aid!!!

    ReplyDelete