Blogger Backgrounds
I was once a runner...and I will be again. I started this journey several years older and 60 lbs. heavier. My name is Jake and this is my story

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Runner vs. Person Who Runs

I have continued to gradually increase my mileage.  I am sticking with the 10% rule as I increase.  I really dont want ot get injured.  Got in 9 miles this week (4, 2, 3) and all felt good.  

I am beginning to realize that there is a difference between a runner and a person that runs.  The difference...when you are a runner, running becomes a part of your life.  That happened to me this week.  I was working at the fire station and picked up an OT shift the next day.  Good news except that I had a 2 mile run scheduled and I didnt have my shoes with me.  All of a sudden that run was a priority.  Kristi brought my shoes to me and I got my run in by doing laps around that station.  It was incredibly boring but it felt so good to get it in.  4 weeks ago, that wouldn't have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment